As many of you know, my family no longer does Christmas cards. We make a Christmas video each year and I just love this tradition! It is something that we look forward to making every year.
Archives For Chase layman
About a year ago I created The Original 30 before 30 list. Through the year I second guessed some of the items that I had on my list for one reason or another. I had put several items on about going green and I really wanted to focus less on the things that interested me at the time and more on goals, plans and things for the future. I also mentioned having two more kids. With my Lupus there is just no telling. God might give us two more children or He might decide that we are meant to only have the beautiful baby we already have. I am not putting a magic number on our family anymore, we will be given the family that we were meant to have!
I know some of you might be saying that once I finalized my list there is no changing it. That was how I felt at first. Then I decided that it’s my list, filled with things that I want to do… so I can make whatever changes to it that I want because it’s for me in the first place. I hope you enjoy my newly refurbished 30 before 30 list!
1. Grow my hair out to my waist
2. Get my family tattoo
3. Finish my novel
4. Participate every year in the “Walk to end Lupus Now” event
5. Get Lasik eye surgery
6. Take a baking/cake class
Start/get involved with a ministry to teach people to transition to a green life
8. Paint our kitchen cabinets
9. Be debt FREE!
10. Plant a vegetable garden
11. Finally go skiing
12. Create my own pie recipe
13. Hang pictures from Chase’s documentary
14. Go on a family vacation to California
15. Read 30 books
17. Go parasailing
18. Pay for a strangers meal at a restaurant
19. Go on a train ride as a family
20. See a movie at the drive-in (I seriously have never done this)
Find my favorite brand of all natural make up
22. Try a really fancy bottle of wine
23. Go on a trip out of the country
24. Go to a dinner show
25. Take a spontaneous family day trip to new places in our home state
26. Finally decorate our bedroom
27. Finish scrapbook (you seriously have no idea how long this has taken me!)
Actually start and complete a knitting project
29. Watch and stay awake for the entire movie, Stand by me (I have attempted and failed twice)
30. Play Christmas carols for a family sing along on the piano